Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Some help from the hubby!

The grass has been growing so thick and lush that I haven't been able to keep up. Plus, our push (reel) mower needed a bit of oiling and such. Which my darling husband took care of this weekend. Yay!

And while he was out and about and the kids were happily playing in the yard, digging big holes in the designated hole-digging area, and daredevil biking and triking down the alley hill ... I was able to replant all the flowers I'd yanked out of the flower box when I planted my herbs and veggies, and plant flower seeds I'd bought two or three years ago, and TAGRO-ize the heck out of all open surfaces of dirt. And planted some roses and lavender that had been sitting around since last summer waiting to be planted.

It felt good.

And I was oh, so sore. But I think this is still a record for me as far as getting started on our corner of Tacoma's great outdoors. Usually it's a bit of Easter or Mother's Day inspiration which quickly fizzles once my "let's go outside" guests/assistants go home.

Not this year. I'm motivated to stay the course. And the kids are motivated to do lots of outdoor playing.

Score.

No comments: