Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Feeling ambitious

I got home later than normal, but then went outside with the kids and decided that the plant life in my flower box was hardy enough to deal with some temporary transplanting, or else I'll just replace it. So I dug up the daisies and irises and other flowers that were once upon a time transplants from a neighbor and starting mixing that TAGRO into the dirt. Dug up some interesting old pipe and pieces of pottery, but otherwise got quite the workout turning over hard dirt and mixing in the biosolids in hopes of getting some really good soil going. The kids even grabbed little buckets and helped out. Next on the docket: replanting the pulled up flowers, planting potted roses and lavender that have been sitting around since last fall, and buying some new stuff and actually having a flower bed. And then hitting the other area that needs to be dug up.

But needless to say, progress is being made. And, elsewhere in the yard, more and more grass sprouts are sprouting! Woo hoo! It's all working! My yard is taking shape!

I'm ecstatic.

No comments: