Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Days 3 & 4: God bless the rain

No time blocks for gardening, and God bless the rain -- it's doing the work for me. Haven't even worried about over watering the lawn seeds after finishing up the re-seed thanks to some stormy weather. I think I timed this right. Not only am I saving on my water bill and relieving pressure from my taxed memory, but the kids aren't trying to play soccer or T-ball in the middle of my baby lawn.

Now I have time to plot my "next move" while I anxiously wait for the pot to boil ... err, grass seeds to germinate.

And despite previous fears of what the new alley would do once the rain began, the stormwater flowed nicely into the stormwater drain -- as it should -- during yesterday's downpour. Yeah.

Time to go work on my checklist ... must research what's the next garden project to hurdle.

Because this year I'm determined to stop the trend of years past -- this year my lawn and gardens will look better by the end of the season rather than worse. Seriously. Stop laughing!

No comments: